2013 is here and along with it I am already behind. Behind in a lot of things like cleaning, paperwork, taking down decorations and blogging. But on the upside I am ahead in many areas too! Like hugs and kisses from my children, I make it a mission to never be behind in getting those. Laundry is actually caught up and no one has had to dig things out of the dryer in days……………………so I guess 2013 is starting off pretty good.
While reading fellow bloggers blogs this weekend I noticed that many were talking about the new year and what they were looking forward to or what they wanted to accomplish this year. They were all great! I really liked the list that Elizabeth did at Circle The Wagons. Of the twenty-five things she listed to do in 2013, at least 10 of them should be on my list of things to do. So in the spirit of the new year I have decided to give you a list. A list of 13 Little Know Facts about us, the Country Link’s. These are not in any kind of order nor are they necessarily interesting, just somethings I am sure you do not know about us.
13. I am horrible at spelling! It is true. I rely heavily on spell check and if I can not spell a word, I don’t use it!
12. We built a house three years ago on the farm that when I was dating my husband, I told him I would build a house here some day. I don’t know if he really took me seriously or not back then, but when the opportunity came to move back home, we considered other options, but always came back to this farm. Amazing how things work out.
11. Our Wyatt who is now nine years old was born with club feet. Club foot was not something I never considered to be a cause for concern when having my first child. You have worries about lots of things and in the end pray for a healthy baby, so when Wyatt was eight pounds and as healthy as any new-born, his club feet were a part of him and something that I knew we would be able to handle. The doctor was very confident that it was not an issue and we established a plan for treatment right away. So quickly in fact that by the time he was 12 hours old he had his very first set of casts put on to start the process of stretching his tendons. After two surgeries, dozens of casts and at least a dozen braces for his feet, we are in the home stretch! He learned to walk at 13 months like most babies and runs and jumps as good as any average nine-year old.
Wyatt in the hospital after being born. Wyatt’s feet at six years old.
10. We went to Cancun on our honeymoon eleven years ago. In 2011 we got to go back and it was another wonderful trip.
9. Seth majored in Agriculture Business and I majored in Agriculture Education in college. His plan was to work in the field of agriculture at any cost. My plan was to teach, that is until I figured out I was not destined for it. We were also engaged during my Junior year and six days after my graduation we were married and six days after that, newlyweds in Texas. Again, amazing how things work out.
8. We have been to the National Finals Rodeo (NFR)!!! And it was awesome! Highly recommend attending to anyone who enjoys a good rodeo. Las Vegas was ok. Now that I have seen Pawn Stars, I might just go back to go to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop as well as the NFR.
7. Speaking of shows on the History Channel, we love Swamp People! All five of us watch and we can’t wait for the new season to start. Troy is our favorite and we girls really like Liz too.
6. When and if I ever get caught up again and things level out, I love to sew. My favorite thing to make is quilts. I have made around 50 quilts in the past 14 years. I only completed a small one in 2012 and have not sewn anything in months. Kathy at Hasekamps of Tulip has been turning out the quilting projects and to tell you the truth, I am jealous!
5. When I say I/we are behind on getting Christmas decorations down, I am not kidding. We still have the tree up. Yes the big real Christmas tree that you saw a picture of us looking for at the tree farm. Maybe this week……………maybe? It still looks beautiful and the kids still like to plug the lights in everyday.
4. Of all the photos I take, I hardly ever print any. True. I take thousands a year and may print a hundred of them. I do have back up of all of them though. A set is on my external hard drive, some also on CD’s/flash drives and I put most of them on my snapfish.com account as well.
3. One of the kids favorite things to do is have a picnic on the living room floor. We lay down a blanket and let them eat finger foods in the living room. It is a special treat and does not happen often, but when it does, they get so excited!
2. You probably won’t believe this one, but I happen to be 34 years old. I know right! I can’t believe it either and I really can’t believe I am telling you all this.
1. This one I am sure you know, but if you want to know who we are and what were about then know that we here at COUNTRY LINKed link together Faith, Family and Farming everyday. And in 2013 we plan to share with you all about who we are and what we do as a farming family. For farming is like nothing else and there is nothing else that we would rather be a part of. So sit back and follow along with us as we began 2013!
Blessings to You,
Laurie – Country Link