The weather has turned cold here in Missouri. It is the middle of November, but we usually have a few more days of nice fall weather before the chill of winter hits. With winter making her appearance, we are not yet done with corn harvest, which is not unusual, but the holidays are fast approaching and it is always the goal to be done before Thanksgiving.
November is a favorite month for me. It has many great days like; Veteran’s Day, Gpa’s Birthday, my Birthday, Thanksgiving and sign-up for Christmas in the Country. That’s right!!! Christmas in the Country is Back!
2013 was such a hit, Jamie and I knew we would be doing the blogger/agvocate Christmas gift exchange again, but that we were going to need some additional help. Erin from Diaries From the Dirt Road and Robyn from The Ranch Wife Chronicles will be hosting this year’s exchange with us! Thank you ladies for lending a hand.
In case you forgot or you did not hear about this last year, here is how it works:
- Christmas in the Country is a Christmas gift exchange for Agriculture Bloggers and Agvocates. It is a great way to get to know bloggers/agvocates across the country and engage with others who have the same interests as you. Shhhh…………..it is also a secret as to who you have until you mail your gift.
- Sign up begins November 19th and goes until November 30th. To sign up all you have to do is fill out a quick form giving us some very basic information about yourself. We ask for a mailing address so that your secret Ag Friend can send you a special Christmas surprise, your email address and give us some of your likes and dislikes. We share some of this information with the individual who has your name and you in turn will receive the same information for someone.
- You will receive the name and information of who you will be sending a gift to on December 1st. (Please email one of the hosts as soon as you have done so as we will be keeping track that everyone who signed up sends and receives a gift.)
- All gifts need to be sent by December 17th to ensure delivery before the holidays.
- If you are a blogger, then join us on January 7th for a Link-Up party. Write a blog post about what you sent, who you sent it too, what you received and who you received it from. This is where the real fun begins! I loved seeing the fun and creative things that everyone came up with to send to each other, especially the ones that sent things from their region or area of the country.
I still have all of the wonderful and thoughtful things that Taysha from Dirt Road Charm sent me last year. I did not know Taysha or her blog before the exchange, but because of Christmas in the Country, we have gotten to know one another, have meet in-person and I consider her a very good blogger friend. She is just one of the many new friends I now have and I owe it all to this gift exchange!
Come back on November 19th and get signed up to join in on the fun! Remember you don’t have to be a blogger, just a lover of all things agriculture and country!
Blessings to you,
Laurie – Country Link