36. It is just a number. Right?
Well today this “number” makes me another year older. Yup, that’s right, this gal is 36 years old today. Happy Birthday to Me!
There are many things are I am Thankful for after 36 years on this earth. Since I was born right after Thanksgiving all those years ago and my birthday tends to fall on Thanksgiving, here is my list of 36 things that I am thankful for. Ready? (These are not in any particular order other than they were in the order that they came to me.)
1. Faith – I am thankful for the faith that I have and were it has taken me. Some days I do struggle, but I know that where I am and what I am doing is all part of a bigger plan and that gives me peace.
2. Family – With them I am my best and without them I would be nothing.
3. Cell Phones – I got a call just before I started writing this to come to the field to get my husband to take him to get a truck. See, they are very handy!
4. My Husband – I always say marrying him was the best decision I ever made. He takes care of me and I take care of him. It is a relationship that I am thankful for every day.
5. Our Home – It keeps us warm and dry. It brings family and friends together under one roof so that we can all be together. It was designed by my husband and I and we helped in the process. It will, as far as I am concerned, be my final address on this earth.
6. My Children – They are the world to me.
7. Sunglasses – I always have them with we when I am going outside. The cheap over sized sparkly ones are my favorite.
8. Peanut Butter – I eat it everyday! I eat it more than chocolate! Yes, I really do!
9. Friends – I know a lot of people, but the ones I call friend, are the ones I truly want to spend time with and do. They make me laugh, they understand me and they don’t judge me. They call when I am needing someone to talk too and they always, ALWAYS keep me on my toes.
10. Crystal Light Strawberry Drink Mix – I add it to my water every day so that I drink my water. Friends and Family are used to seeing me with my Tervis cup and pink water.
11. Cannon Rebel T2i – My camera. Enough said.
12. My Computer – With it I write, I edit pictures, I stay in touch with loved ones, I shop, I learn and I create.
13. Chili – I never ate chili. EVER! Now it is making my list of what I am thankful for because now it is a comfort food on a cold winter day or when we are working cattle and need a hot meal to eat at lunch.
14. Cows – No matter what I am doing or if I happen to have a bad day, I can look out the window and see the cows walk by and the baby calves running and jumping. They bring me peace and I am very thankful for that.
15. 4-H – I was an 11 year member of 4-H and now my kids are members. I learned so much and made many life-long friendships thought the years in this youth program. It allowed me to travel, show livestock and gain skills I still use today.
16. Farm Mom’s – I have a group of Farm Mom’s that I love and am so thankful for. They get me and the crazy, stressful, wonderful life that we live. Some days I don’t know what I would do without them.
17. My Home Town – Being back where I grew up has taken some time to get readjusted, but I am so thankful to be able to raise my children in a small community that is as close as ours is. Individuals here go out of their way to help others in need or to lend a hand.
18. Blankets – To wrap up in and keep us warm on chilly nights.
19. My Parents – They are a help and a support. I am thankful to live as close to them as we do.
20. My Sisters – When we are all together, watch out! When one is hurt or threatened, really watch out! We all lead very different lives, but if I ever need something I know I can count on one or all three of them.
21. Tractors – Really, I am thankful for tractors. One or even two are used every day on the farm. Without them our work would not get done.
22. My Car – It takes us where we need to go safely and is reliable. I have hauled tractor tires, kids, plants, meat and even feed in it.
23. The Radio – I listen to the radio every day all day long. It is on in the house and in the car, tractor, truck and even the combine when I am in them. It is my source for news, entertainment and music.
24. The Followers of this Blog – I am Thankful for all of you reading this!
25. The School and Teachers – We have a wonderful school in our small rural community. I know all of the teachers and if I ever have a question or a problem, I know they are there to help.
26. Mocha’s – During my Senior year of college, my roommate and I would get one at the campus coffee shop before a test. I am thankful for her and those times we had. I don’t have one very often now, but when I do, I always think of her and the great year we had.
27. MIZZOU – The University of Missouri was the only college I applied too. I am very thankful that they accepted me!
28. Farmers – I love food and I love to eat! We can not grow everything that we love to eat, so I am very thankful for all of those who work hard to make the food that we all need. Especially you dairy farmers!!!
29. Ice Cream – See #28.
30. The Farm – It is where we Live, Work and Play.
31. Work Gloves – A good pair of work gloves can make the day go better.
32. Scarves – During the winter I wear a scarf almost every day. I love having my neck warm when I am out working in the cold or going to town.
33. In-Laws – I am blessed to have wonderful In-Laws. I am thankful for them every day, for without them I would not have my husband. This also includes my sisters and brothers-in-law. They are wonderful individuals all of them.
34. Burrus – Our journey home began with a simple phone call inquiring about a job with the Burrus Family.
35. Pigs – Stay with me here. Years ago as a young farmer starting out Gpa brought pigs to the farm. For the past 40+ years he has been a hog farmer. These animals have provided for my family and even in the tough years, the pigs have stayed. Now my son enjoys raising and showing pigs and I love watching him do that.
36. Traveling – As kids we always went on a family vacation before school started in August. We traveled to many states over the years taking in the sites. I am thankful for those times and for the times now that we get to travel with our family and see new places. The world is vast and if we can see just a bit of it and share it with our children, then that is truly something to be thankful for.
There you have it! 36 things that I am thankful for. I am sure that I could go on and on about all of the rest of the things/people/places/animals that I love and are thankful for, but I wont. That will be for another day.
Blessings to all of you who I am thankful for,
Laurie – Country Link
*If you would like to read more posts about Thankfulness then check out Hasekamps of Tulip and Farm Livin’ is My Life. Both of these blogs are doing a thankful series for the month of November.
*If you would like to know about the beauty of adoption and the individuals who are thankful for it, then got to In Between The Sunsets of Life to read all about this very important topic.
*Darcy from Success is Reason Enough was the inspiration for this number post. Thanks Darcy!
*Don’t forget that sign-ups for Christmas in the Country are still going on!